ENG1101 D340 English Composition I, SPR2015

active 1 month ago
English
ENG1101
Spring 2015

City Tech’s ENG 1101 course prepares you for the kinds of communication, research, and literacy that you will use throughout your academic and professional careers. Furthermore, it develops students’ understanding, application, and critical awareness of two big ideas: 1) Communication is rhetorical, and 2) Communication is multimodal, or WOVEN (written, oral, visual, electronic, and nonverbal). Through a series of process-driven projects, some of which are individually based and others collaborative, you will gain a deeper understanding of effective and persuasive communication techniques while developing your critical thinking skills and multiple literacies.

Each ENG 1101 class is unique, because while each one has the same basic outcomes, each is taught by an instructor with his or her own research and pedagogical approach. In our class, we will use the interdisciplinary field of the neurosciences as a way to focus our conversations and projects. Of course, communication is about the transference of information via the senses and processed by each audience member’s brain. In addition, the brain and its embodied perception systems define how we are most receptive to receiving communications, thinking about communications, and being persuaded by communications. If we understand how the brain/body works, we can apply this knowledge to being more effective communicators and successful professionals.

Exploring City Tech's Liberal Arts Major at City Tech and a Career in Criminal Justice by Ryane Martinez

My name is Ryane Martinez, and I am currently a student at City Tech who is in the midst of […] See MoreExploring City Tech's Liberal Arts Major at City Tech and a Career in Criminal Justice by Ryane Martinez

Exploring City Tech’s Fashion Marketing Major at City Tech and a Career in Fashion Marketing by Alexys Harden.

Using My Brain to Explore a Career Path Currently, I’m a college freshman searching for a w […] See MoreExploring City Tech’s Fashion Marketing Major at City Tech and a Career in Fashion Marketing by Alexys Harden.

Exploring city techs career in computer science technology by Ashley Perez

Ashley Perez English 1101   I am Ashley Perez and I am a student who attends New York […] See MoreExploring city techs career in computer science technology by Ashley Perez

At the beginning of the chapter the author pointed, that there is a gender biases and they do hurt […] See More

It is the last chapter of the book and, to be honest I am as a reader, who has a requirement to […] See More

Brain Rules Exploration In this chapter, Medina expounds the concept of exploration and the […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Critical Concepts Thinking

On the first day of my English 1101 class, we were given a linked of a handout to read for the following class. So, I clicked on the linked and noticed the heading, "Critical Concept". The first question that came across my mind was, […] See MoreCritical Concepts Thinking