Niko Final Project

For my final project I have decided to test my abilities and push myself I do a magazine ad for Tiffany & Co. and Saks Fifth Avenue. I will have to admit doing this shoot would be a challenge because this is a something I have tried to before and failed to meet the overall object. However, I am not going to give up and will success this time.

My target audience would be for individuals 20+ due to the fact both of these companies’ retail very expensive and high-quality items targeted to those who have a large number of funds and mature customers. To show this aspect of these retailers, I would need a model who has a mature look to their face somewhere around the age of 25-35.

In terms of the lighting and set, I would most likely use a white background because, I can make the background itself white or grey which both of these retailers use in their campaigns. The lighting for this would incorporate a one to three light setup. I would be using a 32in octabox and 40in beauty dish to create some very unique quality of light.

One thought on “Niko Final Project

1. rmichals

I would suggest picking one brand- that would be either Tiffany OR Saks.
    I asked for some brand research :
    Start by summarizing the text or providing research on the brand. Brand research should
    include: 1. A background summary of the product or service, 2. An frank evaluation of the
    product 3. The major competitors 4. A summary of current advertising

The first thing I notice about the images of women on the Tiffany website is that all the images both still and video are in black and white. Are you going to follow this style or are you going to propose a new look?

Something else I notice is that there are portrait style images and images with hands. You should consider doing both.

I suggest formulating the problem that your images will solve. Once you know more about Tiffany, what this is will become apparent.

My next question is do you have access to jewelry that will look convincing?

I suggest shooting it both on models as and as still life. You know how to do this as we did it two weeks ago with the silverware. You an also shoot it in a shooting tent. We have one.

Who is your audience? You state your audience is people over 20. A quick google tells me that Tiffany’s desired demographic is 28-54. Are you trying to appeal to men or women?

Please post your responses.