Final Project Proposal

For my final project I decided to do a campaign about What does being a woman mean to you? And my target audience are women of all ages.This idea was inspired by my gender studies class, when our professor asked us this question in the beginning of the semester and asked to write a short essay about it. So I want to do the same thing but in a series of photographs of women. I will ask them what does being a woman mean to you? And ask them to give me one word and show that in their portrait.

My audience are women of all ages.

My ideas/style for the ad would be similar to the he for she campaign and #likeagirl campaign.

One thought on “Final Project Proposal

1. rmichals

Take a look at the portraits of:
    Yousef Karsh
    Richard Avedon
    Annie Leibowitz
    Nadav Kander
    Gregory Heisler

Pick out three portraits with different lighting styles from the work of these photographers that you think could work for your project. Then use a different one each week. Will you photograph your class mates or will you bring in models?

I wonder if one word from each person will be sufficient or if it will see like a label. Take a look at Ian Brown’s series American Dreams. He asked people their American Dream and used their handwritten statements as part of the work. You might consider something like this.