Carl Warner, Clare Barboza, Marcus Nilson

Carl Warner’s photographs are very surrealistic.  Most of his photos are food-landscape. In the beginning when I started looking at his photos I assumed that the artist creates collage by mixing and blending various different photographs. But then I realized that he created the whole landscape in a studio with fruits and vegetables and then photographs the setting. It is truly stunning and the work that goes behind creating those photographs makes it much more appreciative for the audience.

Clare Barboza is also a food photographer. Her photograph has the vintage-ish, hipster type look. She uses colorful objects in her photographs but they have a dark feeling to it. Even though foods are colorful I think she desaturates the photos a little bit and uses small amount vignette on the corners.

Marcus Nilson’s photographs are out of the ordinary in some extent. It doesn’t look like he plays around with the food to find the perfect piece of fruit for the photos. He gives off the hnt of street photography in food photography. He shoots it as it is. His photos are raw and the breaks the rules of photography a lot. There’s chaos in his photos.