Glass Photos

In the glass photo of Marcel Christ it seems like the photo is taken from a lower angle. The glass is light up evenly all around allowing you to be able to see through the glass clearly. The milk splash was definitely photoshopped in to look like a tree (which I’m guessing it is to give an organic feel). Tha background is well light to give a bright optimistic outlook on the milk product.

In the photo by Gregg Schnapps, the glass is shot against a colorful background which gives the photo a little more playful atmosphere. This was a good choice given the product in focus which is a Rubix cube toy. The background is also lit in order to be able to properly separate the glass from the background. The photo is taken head-on with the glass allowing you to see right through the glass. There is also a light placed 45 degrees over the glass which causes a shadow under it. The third light is set up above the hand in order to bring it into focus.

Even though both photographers focus on movement in the glassware, they are very different in moods and shoot set up. I was able to find more of Marcel’s work but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find more of Gregg Schnapps so couldn’t make more of a comparison.