Nadav Kander

Kander’s portrait work has a pattern tight on the subject, edited on the cool side, and the subject looking away. For the most part this is what I observed. His style is distinct and can feel dreamy.

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative. High Contrast, Dramatic Lighting

I would like to recreate an image like this. It’s high contrast but the sharp corners of the model’s body being highlighted by the light overhead while hiding her face make this image successful.

2 thoughts on “Nadav Kander

1. rmichals

You selected an image of Kandar’s that is somewhat a typical but certainly the lighting is fascinating. the choice not to light the face is a radical one. There is a very harsh direct light from overhead. the model must also have her head tied forward as there is a hotspot on her forehead but nothing else on her face gets any light at all. It is not that hard to create a silhouette. Lets try it and add a single light with a focusing grid from a move and see what we can get. Remind me if I forget.