Here is a link to today’s PowerPoint
Read “Popular Culture Is Killing Writing” by Bronwyn T. Williams. Answer the following questions below.
- What did you think of this text? Explain! Be honest! Did you find any parts interesting? Did you learn something new?
- What is it mostly about? Write a 2-3 sentence summary. Be specific. Refer to the text itself. Use quotes even!
- What is the genre of the text? What is the tone?
- Who do you think is the intended audience of the piece? Who is meant to read this text?
- What do you think is the purpose of this text? Why do you think the author wrote it?
- Some people argue that popular culture is killing writing, explain their argument.
- The author disagrees with the argument that popular culture is killing writing. What proof does the author provide that in fact, popular culture is not only killing writing but helps student writing. Provide 1-2 examples.
- Do you agree or disagree with the author’s argument? Explain! If you feel like it, use examples of your writing to support your argument.
Think about WHAT you are going to include in your drafts. Begin your drafts. Start to PARAPHRASE, SUMMARIZE and QUOTE from your sources!