Wednesday, Aug. 31st PowerPoint and Homework
This week’s PowerPoint: The Link
**Write your response to the reading in the comments below! Read your classmate’s responses! Maybe even write a response to them! Engage in a discussion! Have fun! The responses to each question should generally be at least 2-3 sentences, if not more. Make sure to respond in complete sentences and to add lots of detail and substance! **
Read and write a response to “How to Read Like a Writer” by Mike Bunn
- What did you think of the piece? Did you like it? Or not? Why? Explain! (Don’t worry my feelings won’t be hurt! Be honest!)
- What tips or ideas did you learn about how to Read Like a Writer? How might you apply it (use it) when you read? Identify at least 3 and explain them! In 2-3 sentences!
- Can you explain what you think the author means when he says, “When you read like a writer, you are trying to figure out how the text you are reading was constructed so that you learn how to ‘build’ one for yourself” (74). Be specific. Share a personal example, if possible.
- Let’s think about the “context” of this text. What is the author (Mike Bunn’s) purpose in writing this piece? Who is his intended audience?
- What is the genre of this text? It’s okay if you don’t know! Just give it a shot! (Remember the genre is TYPE of writing– for example, essay, article, poem, etc.)
- What did you notice about HOW this text was written? Choose one observation!