A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

New Genre

Regarding my question in unit 2, I believed that anime fans such as myself or overall the whole anime community needed to hear about my research. I believed this because in reading my research, anime fans would able to gain a better understanding and appreciation in reading and learning the history. I thought that learning about all of the hard work and time that went into developing anime in the beginning would make anime fans in present day appreciate the current anime as it has come a long way in a few decades. I do not think this needs to be narrowed down because the anime community covers a very large range and I believe that everyone in the community should read the history of anime. I think the best way to reach this audience is merely by reaching out to people within sharing links through social media or including little blurbs within the anime or mangas in itself. I think in doing so, it can easily captivate those in the fandom and allowing a farther audience and research in itself. For unit 3, I would like to write an article going in depth about the hard work and production that goes into producing anime and pieces that happens in production studios specific to Japanese anime. I think learning about this can help people gain a better understanding of how much work it takes to produce and create an anime, or overall just an animated piece of work. I think researching specifically to anime can help see the thought process and ideologies when creating some of the characters based off mangas.

1. Lisa Cole

Excellent response, Karina!