A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Unit 3, figuring out my audience

Well while writing my essay I originally thought that I wanted my audience to be from people in the neighborhoods that are being gentrified, mainly minorities but after thinking about it I think I’m aiming to inform a different group of people. My audience are people who are unaware of their transition from their neighborhood into a low income neighborhood and the impact that it has on the natives of1 the neighborhood. The genre that I think is best is probably news articles and collected data. Being able to show them with numbers and the people’s words. While their up high in their high rise condos down below is a divided world. So trying to bring that view just a little but lower so that they are able to see. Pictures are also another one, everyone knows that a picture has a thousand words. Even history, showing them the history of the land and what monuments might have been there before it was knocked down. So for unit 3 i would like to write about before and afters, how the neighborhood was previously to prior, the good and the bad. To prove that their move definitely had an impact on the people, just because something works for you doesn’t mean that it will be able to work for the next person. 

1. Lisa Cole

Good response, Mariam!