Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for all applications is Monday, April 2, 2018.
- A NYC Resident or attend a NYC-based college
- A college-bound or college- attending undergraduate student
- Students must be able to present documentation that indicates they meet the above criteria.
Specific intern roles include:
Two sessions are available to accepted interns. Each accepted student is eligible to participate in one session.
- Session 1: Monday, June 4, 2018 to Friday, July 27, 2018
- Session Two: Monday, June 25, 2018 to Friday, August 17, 2018
For more information and to apply:
Requisition/Vacancy No. 179744BR
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with peers and fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Currently in school for Engineering or Construction Management degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Prior intern assignment(s) completed at a construction, engineering or architecture firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access is preferred.
For more information, search for the job listing number (179744BR) in their website: https://aecom.jobs/new-york-ny/intern-aecom-tishman/936D21B7688F444E8D0417E639A356F0/job/
Department of Buildings is currently looking for an Energy Code Intern for the DOB Sustainability Team.
JOB ID: 333571
Areas of Study: Architecture, Engineering, Sustainability, Building Science, Energy Management
– Proficiency with CAD and Microsoft Office
– Knowledge of energy-related building systems
For more information, search for the job listing number (333571) in their website: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?agency=810
Job Listing: BI 0003GH
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering or Construction Management curriculum
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity
For more information, search for the job listing number (BI 0003GH) in their website: https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Position available: Positions available are Construction Manager and Construction Team Member
Job Type: Paid summer internship
About Next Step: Visit website
The internship program at JDS is structured to give a limited group of interns a comprehensive construction-based real estate development experience in a dynamic environment, with events, tours, direct exposure to industry experts from a multitude of fields, and the ability to have a direct impact on the skyline of New York City and Miami.
Interns will be expected to support development and/or project management staff and assist with overall project administration including, but not limited to:
- Attend internal and external project meetings to help with coordination of information among the project management staff; create meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, and follow-up on action items
- Review and coordinate design and construction details of architectural, mechanical, structural, plumbing, and electrical drawings
- Coordinate details of marketing, sales, and communication for projects; conduct research relating to projects
- Assist with creation and maintenance of spreadsheets and lists relating to project financing, design, coordination, progress, and completion
- Perform administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and other correspondence
- Prepare contracts and financial statements for subsequent review of Project & Financial Teams
- Facilitate site visits with outside parties
- Engineering / Construction
- Architecture / Interior Design
- Urban Planning / City Planning/Design/Development
Click on the link for more information: http://jdsdevelopment.com/summer-internship/
Please direct all applications (cover letter & résumé required, PDF format only) and other inquiries to:
David Koster at email@example.com
If you are interested in environmental remediation and construction, the NYC Department of Environment Protection has an opening for Field Inspector.
Inspect the quantity, quality, and condition of materials found at active cleanup and remediation sites in New York City.
Witness and observe outside environmental consultants in the collection of samples and performance of other field activities.
Enter findings and observations into a quality assurance template and checklists. Review findings with OER Project Managers.
Review onsite records and logs, take photographs of field activities.
Operate a motor vehicle in performance of duties. Travel required approximately 50% of the time, other 50% in an office setting.
Assist in ensuring compliance with remedial action work plans.
Assist with the screening and review of incoming document submittals, perform basic data entry and project initiation activities.
Click here for detailed information.
Calling all Engineering Technologist majors! The NYC Department of Environmental Protection currently has an opening for Engineering Technician position.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and two years of full-time satisfactory experience as an engineering technician; or
2. An Associate degree from an accredited college or technical institution with a specialization in engineering technology; or
3. A combination of education and experience which is equivalent to two years of satisfactory experience.
Click here for detailed information
Assistant to Project Manager for Foundation Contractor. Including all aspects of work, from tracking drawings, ordering, submittals, documenting project, LEED documentation, ect. Fast paced individual needed – quick learner with good organizational skills. Great team established, and need to add another individual with a good work ethic.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- High school or equivalent
Required licenses or certifications:
- What Programs are you Familiar with-Const/Acct/EXCEL
- What other licenses do you possess? SAFETY/FDNY/DOB
- 10 Hour Osha
- Do you speak other languages besides English?
Apply: via Indeed.com or click the link: Assistant project manager