Stantec’s multi-disciplinary office on 5th Avenue in NYC, has an opportunity for a highly motivated Transportation Planner Intern.
This is a paid internship position with full-time hours during the summer fall. Please only apply if you can meet the schedule requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with transportation impact studies, traffic data collection and data analysis, write reports, and other technical assignments.
- Collect traffic data via publicly available sources and field visits.
- Analyze traffic data using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform traffic analysis using HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, and Cube.
- Support our roadway design and traffic engineering groups.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills
- An interest in transportation planning and engineering.
Education and Experience
Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Masters Engineering program.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time, with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.