About: Junior Construction Manager at Akelius, a Swedish based real estate firm with 50,000 apartments in Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Sweden and United States.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Architecture, Engineering, or Project Management certification preferred
- Minimum of four years of project management experience in all aspects of design and construction.
- Experience with project scope development, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations is required
- Experience with Multi-Family occupied renovations preferred
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, Auto Cad, Financial Systems and project scheduling software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Professional planning and hands-on management/oversight for multiple Projects including: Residential unit upgrades, Interior and Exterior renovations, Roof replacements, Façade Improvements, mechanical systems, common area and Parking Lot or Garage redesign
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, financial approval, permit issuance, construction and financial closeout.
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects.
- Lead project teams consisting of architects, design engineers, general and specialty contractors, property management, operating engineers, real estate brokers and environmental consultants
- Provide weekly project activity updates to Asset manager for Project Schedule, Budget, and Risk within Project Management web based tools.
- Develop project goals and scope of work.
- Oversee and prepare accurate project documentation for all phases of construction including project charter, due diligence reports, budgets, schedules, meeting minutes, financial funding requests, status reports, punch lists, and special reports on-time and in accordance with pre-established formats
- Manage vendors (GC, A&E, Specialty vendors, etc.) to ensure full compliance with all project policies and procedures, including the formal closeout of all projects in less than eighty days after project completion
- Must visit projects onsite at least twice a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Apply: with Indeed at link