HW #4

For me, whether the photo is real or staged it doesn’t really matter. Robert was saying that this photo was not staged. But to think that this photo might be real gives me some concern about how this photo was captured at the right exact moment. Did Capa knew that was going to happen and he pulled out his camera while he could have warned the soldier or was it just a pure coincidence? From what I see it makes me hard to believe that this is not staged because of how it was so empty it is in the background when they are in a battlefield. Also, why is Capa standing in front of the soldier based from the angle of the picture. Wouldn’t one usually stand behind the soldier to be safe and also to not get in the way? And as I mentioned before, What make him want to take picture of the soldier while they are in the middle of a gunfight. Wouldn’t that be a huge distraction for the soldier? In a way I find this photo disturbing if it was real by how it might be taken. However the meaning behind this photo won’t change whether its real or staged.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.