HW 2 Food and Coffee in the Civil War

If you had a choice, which would you give up? Food? Or coffee? For myself in the 21st century, my answer is coffee, but if I was living under the Civil War as a soldier, my answer is still the same. Coffee is able to refresh your mind and keep you vigilant, but it cannot fill your stomach. Food can fill your stomach and give you energy and power to fight. This is how you can survive.

You cannot survive without food, but you may survive without coffee. As I can survive without rice, but I cannot be alive without rice.

When I was a child, I ate rice twice a day. I a period of time, I really hate eating rice, but I have no choice. As a little girl, I have no money to do lunch or dinner other than my home. After I grew up and came to the United States, I have many choices. I don’t need to eat rice every day, then I found out I already depend on rice. Rice makes me alive not only survived.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to HW 2 Food and Coffee in the Civil War

1. Sandra Cheng says:

Excellent point and thank you much for sharing your story. Btw, I think we grew up with a similar diet.

2. Viviana says:

Coming from a Dominican family, I was also forced to eat rice everyday. I definitely agree with choosing food over coffee.