Jair Homework #2: Food and Coffee in the Civil War

What’s interesting about the diet of the Civil War soldiers was the fact that they drank coffee just as most of us would do in today’s time (iced coffee for me). The only difference is the knock off coffee the Confederate South soldier’s had to drink. Also, what they had to eat wasn’t luxurious, as food was sort of scarce at that time. Only a tiny piece of meat, a little bit of potatoes, and coffee (or knock off coffee) with the side of a hardtack would be a tease to my stomach rather than an actual full course meal! For me, I can’t live without pizza, but if I could choose a second thing, it would also be my French Vanilla iced coffee from Dunkin!

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Jair Homework #2: Food and Coffee in the Civil War

1. Jair, I agree with you that many of us today have similar needs like the soldiers had while fighting in the civil war, coffee! Although incomparable, the strength coffee gives us to make it to our 8am classes, or to withstand a full days of work, is the same strength these soldiers needed to dodge their death, and fight for unless hours.

2. Sandra Cheng says:

That’s a hard toss up: coffee or pizza!

3. Yess another Pizza fan. There’s a lot of good pizza spots in Manhattan.