Business Letter to PlayAsia.com

Play-Asia.com
Tsuen Wan, NT
Hong Kong

Dear Fabrice Douillard,

To start off, I’m quite fond of your website as it allows me to easily search and import games from Japan and Hong-Kong. I’ve considered using it for a very long time now after simply window shopping and decided to purchase a Japanese Nintendo 3DS at a reasonable price and reasonable shipping. The problem starts when I finally received the product. It was defective and I couldn’t send it in to Nintendo since they don’t handle customer service across borders.

I think the way your company handled the customer service was horrible. You guys actually asked me to make a youtube video showing the problem because you didn’t believe me? What sense does that make? Not only that but I actually had to pay $60 shipping just to return it, when I had already paid $250 just to receive a defective product. I asked for a direct exchange but you insisted on sending it to Nintendo for repair, which isn’t fair. I don’t want a repaired 3DS, I wanted a brand new working on. That is a horrible way to handle this situation and all I received were standard responses with no room for negotiations.

I am sending this letter to tell you that I will not be using this service anymore until I receive at least a refund for the shipping to hong-kong. Paying $60 for something that wasn’t my fault is highway robbery.

Thank you,

Fitzpatrick Phillips

One thought on “Business Letter to PlayAsia.com

1. Dear Fitzpatrick Phillips,

Thank you for placing your order with PlayAsia.com and we really appreciate your interest in our products. We do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. After carefully reviewing your order # 2445698-2109 (Nintendo 3DS), we can verify that you are asking for a return and replacement due to defectiveness. A new item is already being prepared to leave our warehouse and should be shipped to you as soon as we can. Since I already put the request in the system, please allow seven to ten (7-10) business days for processing, shipping and handling. An email of confirmation will be sent to you shortly with the instructions to return your old item in a smoother way without any later payment required.

Once again, we apologize for any issue from our side. We look forward to seeing you once again soon. If you need more information, please feel free to contact our customer service :

playasia.com/customer-service
    852 3145 0061
    中文 (简体)
    P.O. Box 1351
    Tsuen Wan Post Office
    Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards,
    Fabrice Douillard
    Manager