Prof. M. Brown | COMD1112 - OL15 | Fall 2020

[Discussion] Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

As you review the ePub, HTML and PDF formats of the book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, post any differences you notice between the different formats.

1. Dequan

On Epub the quality of the text and images are more clear compared to Html.
    The text on Epub is more uniformed and you can go through each page smoothly in common horizontal format. On the Html link the book is provided in vertical format and the text seem to be a bit smaller.

2. Mercedes Alvarez

The PDF and HTML both use images which is nice to look at and picture as you read. One thing I like about the PDF is that the words are larger and more spaced out. Although I would probably resort to using HTML only because I rather scroll up and down as I read rather than having to click left and right through the pages. The ePub format is my least favorite because the words are much smaller and more condensed and it does not include illustrations. Although I prefer HTML, all formats are definitley manageable.

3. Kmedina

I can only open the HTML and the PDF files. HTML at least has images and has the page full of text. PDF puts the text in the page format and can be read in an easier form. It’s interesting how everything can change based on what file you saved it as.

4. Samantha

The PDF and HTML formats of the book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, are personally my least favortie to read/work with. Scrolling up and down takes away the feeling of reading from a book and replaces it with reading from a website or social media. Although it is benetficial to have the previous page still in sight while being on the next. Oppose to the ePub format where you click to completely move to the next two pages, but is formated like a book.

5. Eduardo Cortes Martinez

In my opinon I belive both HTML and PDF format are similar only beacuse both have a Sans seirf Typeface, and both having images. But ePub has sort of a script and has somewhat of a high resolution.

6. Erika Zucker

The PDF format and html format have a similar of sans serif type face and they both are images however the epub has a script type face and seems to be more of a higher resolution but I would prefer the epup format because it is easier to read. The PDF format seems to have larger texts and it is spaced out more.

7. Erika Zucker

8. Jennifer Salazar

When going through both the pdf and the HTML, I liked the HTML much more. It was easier and faster to access through it. The file seems like an e-book and longer to read rather than the other one. Reading the HTML seems easier, the words are larger, and its easier to access without download.

9. Cristal

When I looked at the different files (PDF, ePub, and HTML), I noticed that the HTML file almost looked like a movie script compared to the other two files. The PDF file had more color and the images were clearer, but it still didn’t feel like I was reading a book. It felt like I was reading some kind of brochure because you scroll up and down. The ePub file was the most enjoyable to read because it’s much smoother and you can even turn the pages as if you had the actual book in your hand.