Title/Subject Line: Nets will soon take away our ocean 

Paragraph 1: Could you imagine being able to roam around freely whenever you want, to later be confined to a certain location for survival? Besides the regular trash we tend to dispose of in the water we fail to realize that the fishing industry becomes responsible for the majority of waste in the water. Many fishermen dispose of all their gear in the ocean, especially the nets they use. This intervenes in the decline in our marine life and overall ocean. These nets are referred to as ghost nets because animals are unable to detect them, they cause inquiries, restrain mobility, while keeping mammals and birds from rising to the surface.

Paragraph 2: Climate change isn’t a new discovery or topic of conversation. However, many people are still unaware of the effects it causes for our planet and how our seas are being impacted. Our oceans are shrinking and overflowing. With that we’re also losing the life in our seas, fish are in high demand but fewer are being caught, coral is in danger. In order to help reduce the effects caused by climate change we can start by changing how the fishing industry disposes of their trash and keeping them accountable on their nets. These nets not only harm our seas but they can also harm us such as getting caught by a boat and causing damage to the engines which can be pricey  to repair. 

Paragraph 3: My target audience will be the fisherman inorder to inform and demonstrate how their actions affect us more in a negative way and suggest what they can do better as an industry. Furthermore, I would like to focus on my audience being 15 years old and up. I would like them to be this age range because they are able to process what’s going on around them and see how it’s affecting us. I believe that kids can be the leaders of this generation and have been able to speak up and fight for what they believe in and this topic needs more awareness. MY goal is to provide information on how these nets and trash thrown by fishermen are harmful and how we as individuals can help better this is why also advocating for more regulations to these fishermen. 

Paragraph 4: I believe that I’m fit to write this article because it is a topic that I am very passionate about. I’ve been trying to keep track of the issue and advocate for it whenever I can. I’ve realized that we have limited ourselves to focus on how climate change affects the land we inhabit but we leave out how these issues also affect our ocean. I’ll gather data on how the trash fisherman throw into the water affects our sea life and life outside the ocean.