A definition of digital literacy is a persons ability to use different types of services that technology has given us. This involves different types of programs that aligns with this is Google Docs or the way we research on the internet for a project. The conventions would be access to internet and critical thinking. A mindset to have would be to stay in tune with the update technology according to Mary Tamayo as she explains in her DLN titled ‘What digital literacy means to me’. One quote that stood out to me was “In the high-tech century we are in, we in, we need to keep up with the technologies so that we can effectively use them for the full capacity of their purposes”. I believe this quote is important because nowadays everything is run by technology so to keep up and use the technology skills that they acquire in order to stay organized and carry out tasks is crucial. I love technology so the quote by Jennifer Campbell that stated “It was fascinating, even to a child as young as I had been, all of the options were available to me just with a few clicks at my fingertips, which, with time, would allow me to type and explore any topic imaginable…” I can relate to the quote because as a kid I wondered how the internet is so powerful and how it works, how can a simple question generate so many webpages? I always knew as a kid, technology would upgrade from box TVs to something, i just didn’t expect us to be at this level in 2020.

A good start to my DLN is my first experience dealing with technology. The reason being that it was a brand new experience that brought a brand new feeling into my life, a new passion. From a youngin to a young adult, I’ve been using different forms of technology whether its playing a game, using software programs to do HW assignments, or basic research on something that I was curious about, technology has been there. I’ve watched technology advance through TV’s, laptops,phones etc. So writing about this topic would be very interesting. One question I would have is how would I group together my thoughts to make a valid report.