In the article “Navigating This Perfect Storm” I agree with the fact that Ellen C. Carillo mentioned that the students don’t realize why something written is very important since it has meaning behind what is trying to tell us. Nowadays, every work that we do is graded on Common Core State Standards(CCSS). If we look over today’s situation everything is online so students who are doing work they all have to do, is to submit the work being asked by the teachers. They just want to finish their work as soon as possible and get good grades but they don’t understand the actual meaning of what they are being asked to do. When students read with reason, it makes sense that they care about what and why they are reading. 

To talk about Google-knowledge vs. understanding, In my opinion, technology is being very helpful to our work. It makes things easier to do but we as students don’t realize that it can affect us in various ways. Currently, most of the students try to find an easy way to do their assignments where they don’t use their basic thinking skills. I often find people looking for the answer on google. They just put what’s being written on google. Many students just read the answer on google, but they don’t really read to understand what’s the meaning of the reading. Despite the fact we could use our knowledge and technology simultaneously, the combination of uses can help us do our work. If we combine both knowledge and technology we might prevent what many students are doing. 

I believe that annotation is one of the strategies to improve your thinking skills as you read. I have been using this strategy from the last 3 to 4 years which makes my thinking more advanced as I go through and it helps me understand more. I think this is not how everyone is doing but they got their own ways to learn.