Hello to everyone that comes to my page, my name is Amara Worrell and I am majoring in Communication Design. The reason why I’m in this major is because of my love for (Illustration) Character Designing, Game Designing, Animation, and Cartooning. I grew up watching cartoons and anime as a kid so, when I saw those things on the screen, I was blown away by it. I knew from that point on that I wanted to be an artist when I grow up. To pursue in my future art career, my best friend thought it would be best for me to go into a high school that studied in art, so I went to the High School of Art and Design, majoring in Cartooning. Within those years, it took me a while to find and develop my art style that I can call my own. Although, during my senior year of high school I didn’t know what college to go to since majoring in Illustration or Communication Design was kind of rare but, when I saw the New York City College of Technology and how they had a major in Communication Design, I was honestly happy and had my mind set to go there. They even had specific types of electives that fits my strong suit which was another plus for me. However, I couldn’t lie to myself and say that I was a bit intimidated and scared coming to this new environment. As a child, I was and still am a very quiet and shy type of person, but at the same time, I wanted to meet and connect with people. Even though I knew this will be a bit challenging in my eye, I saw CityTech as a ticket to doing something that I would love, even if it means doing a couple of things that are way out of my comfort zone. But, I do think it will be worth it in the end when I get the opportunity to do it.