Samuel open lab 8

She was talking about Pythagorean Theorem with piece of paper.

The “Origami Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem” was interesting because it used a piece of paper to talk about the Pythagorean Theorem. My math education professor keeps mentioning to use paper to show things to students, and I think this fit the description of lesson plan for Pythagorean Theorem with paper. The video “Origami Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem” did used math term like hypotheses, side a and b, and hypotheses square to relate to the math concepts of area, but the video did seem to be rushed. It not much teaching, but it could be teaching if change few thing, and you could make into lesson plan for student to understand the Pythagorean Theorem. It does seem very creator to use paper to discover these concepts. The ideas are relate with Lockhart’s Lament because students aren’t learning the Pythagorean Theorem through discovery because I didn’t understood the video the first time I watched it. Then mostly likely students are learning differently because I didn’t recognize this method when I was in geometry.
The “Origami Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem” was decent video because I didn’t hate it or liked it. While watching the video the first time, I didn’t understand the ideas she expressing with paper and Pythagorean Theorem, but the second time I understood the ideas she expressing. When I was watching it I was bewildered because that video was too fast to keep up to understand the situation. The first time I was paying attention, second time I understood it, but the third time I was bored, and I was about to fall asleep. I learn you could use paper to talk about the Pythagorean Theorem in more hand on approach. The question I have is whether this a good idea to use for a lesson plan.
Other 2 videos

This video is about .999… = 1 or basically rounding numbers is wrong, it good proof for students having this question as teacher to know.

This video focus on same as round, but more into percent 99.99999 = 1 another good proof to consider

One thought on “Samuel open lab 8