2015 Fall – MAT 2071 Proofs and Logic – Reitz

active 7 years, 7 months ago
Mathematics
MAT 2071

This course is designed to prepare students for an advanced mathematics curriculum by providing a transition from Calculus to abstract mathematics. The course focuses on the processes of mathematical reasoning, argument, and discovery. Topics include propositional and first order logic, learning proofs through puzzles and games, axiomatic approach to group theory, number theory, and set theory, abstract properties of relations and functions, elementary graph theory, sets of different cardinalities, and the construction and properties of real numbers.

Avatar and Header images created using zefrank’s Scribbler toy: http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jonas Reitz

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 4 times; view clone(s).

Group Process Paper - FINAL SUBMISSIONS

Here are the final submissions from each of the groups.  Great work, everyone! FINAL SUBMISSIONS (ZIP FILE) See MoreGroup Process Paper - FINAL SUBMISSIONS

READ Survey

Hi everyone, Check out the message below from Prof. Seto.  I encourage you all to take this […] See MoreREAD Survey

Update to the Final Exam Review

Hi everyone, After checking in with Prof. Thiell, I have revised the Final Exam review to […] See MoreUpdate to the Final Exam Review

Comment on "Exam #2 grades are posted"

metal clock mechanism locate the best battery operated quartz clock movements […] See MoreComment on "Exam #2 grades are posted"

Comment on "OpenLab #9: Advice for the Future"

[…] To see the assignment and the students’ responses, follow this link. […] See MoreComment on "OpenLab #9: Advice for the Future"

I wish that I had been told in the start of class to help me succeed is that, this class is going […] See MoreComment on "OpenLab #9: Advice for the Future"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.