Networking

By Chris Montgomery

While working with my company I start to meet many different people either during the online orientations or unveiling event the company has when something new they’re going to make public. While in my internship class I learned networking can open many different doors for the future and making good impression is the first step to doing that. By having a good network if a job you might be interested in becomes available in the future you may be consider for the position depending on how you presented yourself and the work ethic shown to have. And not only with the company you work for if the company works with other companies the might refer you to them for any opening they might have.

The first chance I had at networking was during an unveiling event with my company during the event I got to meet may different people who where in high places in the company and some who recently moved up to high positions. During the unveiling I had the chance to show my thought process and thought on the topic at hand showing myself as a engaged and analytical person. sadly I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself personal to anyone to hand out any business cards or leave a more big impression on anyone. Then unveiling had to keep to a tight schedule do to everyone have limited time being so busy in the company but I learned this are the best setting to get to know others in a company.