First Assignment

Software produced Audio and Translation
By Jason Goodman

During my first week as an intern for my company I was tasked with design application for their scholarship program. This being my first real assignment I put at the top of my list and began to work on it right away. At first I made the mistake of assuming with some of the directions I was given. The client wanted me to replace the black and gold colors of the application as well as the the square elements used in the design. Where I made my assumption was that the client only wanted the first three pages that had the square elements redesign. After I sent what I had in and asked if they wanted to make any changes I was told they wanted the entire application redesign. Thankfully this was still early on in the week where I still had plenty of time. to go back and redo the application.

This experience taught me two lessons starting with if I don’t fully understand the instructions i’m given I should speak up immediately get it clarified. This not only save me time from learning later on I did something wrong and needing to go back and change it. I get the assignment right the first this also helps my client had I waited later to do the assignment and this happened. The client would either have to pushed back the date of when they wanted to send out this application or try and make a make shift application that won’t get all the information they need. Not only wasting the company time but making it harder for those applying to receive aid from the company. To recap I learn speaking up and clarifying what i don’t understand needs to be done as soon as possible and communication is key if I didn’t take the time to send the assignment in earlier and learned of my mistake I wouldn’t have gotten the chance to fix it.