Networking- Event at Citytech

I’ve attended the networking event today which is held by profession development department @citytech. This networking is providing an opportunity for college students to find internship jobs while they are attending school. The program is called Citytech Connection. One of the faculty member Nelly explained how to access the website. The aim of this program is to help you to find an internship. You need to upload your resume to the department and make an appointment with them. When your resume has been approved, they will post it on your page and you are qualified to find an internship job.

There are some things I’ve noticed during the networking. The first thing is how to build my networking. I’m a senior student, it’s not early to find my networking but never is too late. We come to school is not only for a degree but also for jobs, for money. School is not everything, but it is important. So currently school is the most important platform for us to get information from the outside world. School is the shelter and the internship is like the bridge to guide you from the shelter to the competitive world.  Getting all the information you can get from school to start your own networking. because you may have some problems in the future, but the person you’ve asked his/ her phone number by chance might help you.

The second thing is social media. We love social media. We post everything to show the food we love, the places we’ve been to and our personalities. However, is this good to let your interviewee see everything? Always keep in mind that we should protect ourselves. Making your social media page private if you don’t want them to chase you. Making your social media consistency, like which one is for work, which one is for lifestyle. Otherwise, something you think it is funny today may let you lose the job in the future.

Making sure you sign up Citytech Connection when you read my feedback article and also if your major is in Technology & Design. This is very important because if you don’t sign up you will lose your chance and the students who need this opportunity will lose the chance too because the companies will think Citytech students don’t care about this and withdraw the positions. So please sign up.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio