How did I find my internship?

I had two internship jobs during this semester. The first one was a graphic design studio called Apex Studio. I found it on Indeed. com. I didn’t expect too much before the interview. Surprisingly they had me as one of three internships during this semester. Apex is a primary design studio which only has a small group of designers. Even though I just worked one day with them, I’ve learned a lot of things, such as ads casting, meeting with clients writing the proposal, etc. Due to schedule issues, I couldn’t work with them in the end.

I¬†found my second internship job by introducing.¬†My senior project advisor told me a medical therapy clinic had an internship opportunity.¬†When¬†I¬†came¬†home, I found they¬†posted¬†the sign on¬†OpenLab.¬†They are called¬†Callen-¬†Lorde¬†Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality healthcare and related services targeted to New York‚Äôs LGBT communities. Then¬†I¬†decided to try and sent my resume and portfolio to them.¬†However, about a week¬†late,¬†I¬†didn‚Äôt receive any message.¬†I¬†really¬†want this position because it related to my senior project as well.¬†The¬†next¬†day,¬†I¬†went to one of their offices to¬†find¬†the supervisor.¬†To be honest, to¬†get¬†this position¬†I¬†was¬†a¬†kind of¬†aggressive because of the communication design department locates at another building.¬†I¬†went to their clinic and¬†asked¬†if they need a graphic design internship.¬†I asked two of their locations to finally get the number and email address of the advisor.¬†I¬†emailed my portfolio and resume again and about 1 hr later,¬†I¬†called¬†her to¬†ask¬†if we can set up a meeting because¬†I¬†was around the corner.¬†I‚Äôm noticed the interview date.¬†During the interview,¬†I¬†introduced myself, my background.¬†We talked about what will¬†I¬†do, what¬†do¬†they need.¬†A couple of days¬†later, they emailed¬†meÔľĆI¬†have been employed.

I was too impatient to wait for the reply on the day I went to their offices and I know the way I found my internship position is not suggested, but I’m glad I got it.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio