Prof. Laura Westengard

Class Cancelled, 3/9! Read all instructions…

Hi everyone, I have tested positive for COVID, so class is cancelled entirely (there will be no in person or virtual class session). Since we were in a classroom together on Monday, you all should visit City Tech’s Returning Safely site and follow the appropriate guidelines.

I know your essays and writing packets were due today, so read the following instructions carefully:

• Essay 1 and Unit 1 Writing packet will be due on Wednesday, 3/16 by 11:59 p.m. If you would like to submit your work before this date, email it to me (lwestengard@citytech.cuny.edu). Otherwise, just wait until class on the 16th for instructions on how to submit.
  • On Monday, 3/14 we will be having a library orientation session instead of class. Meet at noon in front of the entrance to the Ursula C. Schwerin Library on the 4th floor of the Library Building. A librarian will escort you inside the library when class starts, so don’t be late!
  • Homework for Monday, 3/14:
    • Read the Unit 2 Assignment
    • Start a Unit 2 Writing document and write the following:
      • 1. Brainstorming: Choose your favorite brainstorming method (listing, freewriting, word webs, vision board, etc). Set a timer for 15 minutes and write about all of the topics in school, work, politics, your community, and your hobbies that you find interesting, infuriating, hopeful, inspirational, etc.

As always, email me if you have any questions or concerns!

1. Jerome Brand

Oh No….
    I hope you get better Professor West.

2. Jason Wu

Oh dear.
    Get better soon Professor Westengard.

A question regarding about the instruction though, is the final draft still due today or has it been changed to 3/9?

• Laura Westengard

The final draft is not due today. Essay 1 and Unit 1 Writing packet will be due on Wednesday, 3/16 by 11:59 p.m

• Jason Wu

I noticed my mistake in my comment.

Regardless though, thank you and get better soon!