From the readings “Maybe I could Save Myself By Writing”by Jose Olivarez and ” The Fourth of July” by Audre Lorde, I have noticed that the key points to getting your point across to the reader is by sharing your story and your experiences.  Establishing the setting of your story and expressing your opinions on events that have happened to try to get more personal with your audience. As Jose Olivarez shares his experience of feeling like he doesn’t belong from where he lives or where he comes from is being relatable to his targeted audience. As he is trying to reach those with similar experiences and help them to know they aren’t alone in this life as he had looked for someone like that when he was growing up. He reached this environment by mentoring and creating a safe space for those going through similar situations. To be able to start my own educational narrative, a great place to start would be learning how to set a tone for your story. I think it’s so important to be able to explain and get the reader to understand how you felt in a situation they haven’t ever encountered. Reading allows you to experience various circumstances that you have never come across and allows you to explore. So the tone, word choice, form , everything is crucial to how your story gets across to the reader.  I would be concerned on how to pace my own story so that the reader truly gets to know you without being overly formal, but still being informative on the subject.