After reading and annotating both “Maybe I Could Save Myself By Writing” by Jose Olivarez and “The Fourth Of July” by Audre Lorde, the key ingredients to writing an education narrative is including your own perspectives, opinions, and experiences into the writing. The other ingredient that that I saw was that it doesn’t necessarily have to be all about the author, although their anecdotes are sort of a main principle in the writing, the authors tend to be open minded and also make the topics of discussion something that the readers can also relate to. In “Maybe I Could Save Myself By Writing” the author gives specific details of their background. I didn’t understand at first but as I kept reading he made a connection to an overall audience about feeling left out or like you don’t belong which is something that I personally related to as well. By using his personal experience he made the piece more personal yet relatable. When writing an education narrative of my own, a good place to start would be asking myself how I can make a general statement more personal. In other words, can the hardships I’ve faced help others navigate their own experiences?  This would make a broad topic become a learning experience hence the education narrative genre. My concerns when writing an education narrative would be making a topic too broad and not knowing how to circle back as well as adding anecdotes and when to incorporate them into my writing.