The texts introduces Mike Bunn and his ideology that reading like a writer can help you see how the writing process is a sequence of making decisions. He provides a concept that allows readers to combine detailed queries and analysis of the work that may encourage you to come up with writing ideas and make improvements for your future literary piece, rather than only requiring context-based reading. He implies that we already have complete control over our story and that we are not need to adhere to a particular narrative when he adds, “You are already an author.” I try to pinpoint some of the author’s decisions so that I can better comprehend how similar decisions might occur in my writing. Read like a writer can help me in my college reading and writing career in many ways than one. Reading like a writer will help you recognize significant decisions you may face and approaches you may want to utilize when working on your own writing by assisting you in understanding how the writing process is a series of decisions. Bunn did said interesting things in his article. He said make notes and highlight passages. You can make notes and summaries before and after reading your designated text. He said “ Often the notes students took while reading became ideas or material for the students to use in their own papers” I find that to be useful and helpful. A clear and concise explanation of the notion is provided by the statement, “When you read like a writer, you are trying to understand how the text you are reading was produced so that you ‘make’ one for yourself. Moreover, I want to keep in mind to ask myself questions while I read, such as who the author is writing for and who is the intended readership. (I sent the first one by accident this is the final one)