As Mike Bunn states “You Are Already An Author”, I believe he is trying to relate with his audience on how no matter how little or how much you have written we are all authors. On our day to day basis we communicate through various different platforms while shifting between formal and informal mannerisms determined by the circumstances we are put under. As he helps us better understand through his viewpoint with using comparison and getting advice from old students to relate on a more personal level with his readers. I personally have not written many essays in my life or any that I believe that matters, however all the writings I have written gives me experience and makes me an author. This experience will help greatly in my college reading and writing career  because I have the experience and with readings such as this, in my new college english class and I am sure to improve by a considerable amount. As well as the knowledge that I have previously gained I am sure to learn and adopt many new techniques that I come across in new readings. Some of the techniques I took note on in Bunn’s article that I would love to try incorporate in my own writing would be using comparison to connect with the reader. For example  when he adds “Author David Jauss makes a similar comparison when he writes that “reading wont help you much unless you learn to read like a writer. You must look at a book the way a carpenter looks at a house someone else built, examining  the details in order to see how it was made”. I love the way this puts the reader to look at it in a different perspective and help them to connect with the article.