Source 2 : Ben Brumfield CNN, ‘Afterlife’ feels ‘even more real than real,’ Researcher say , April 10 2013 https://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/health/belgium-near-death-experiences/index.html

Many people have near death experiences but only a few can tell you what really happens to you when you die. This can be a horrifying thing or it can be a happy and pleasant feeling according to Raymond. Raymond and Nadine , two regular humans like us that are from Belgium, have had heart attacks. Oxygen from their brain had been cut off and they both experienced out of body sensations. Just like many reports on other survivors , they had both been in dark tunnels being able to see a bright source of light ahead. It felt as they were going at a speed you couldn’t even imagine . Specifically Nadine saw her self out of her body , like her soul being ripped apart from her body.  She had thoughts in her head while this happened thinking, will I ever get back to my body. Back to Raymond, he felt very afraid but he let go and realized there’s no point in struggling. Dr. Steven Laurey states many people actually go through this but patients are very much afraid of opening up and telling their stories. The data shows us that near death experiences reveal to be more vivid than any other memory you have had. Dr . Laurey’s and his team studied people with NDE’s {Near Death Experience’s} and coma patients with the help of psychological examination.Memories in real life events are more intense than dreams or thoughts. To their surprise NDE’s were much richer than any imagined event or any real life event , compared to the coma patients.

I think it’s safe to say when people have near death experiences some, not many get a taste or a glimpse of what the afterlife can look like or at least the beginning process of what the afterlife is. I do find it interesting that when people are on the brink of dying they tend to be in some type of tunnel that travels , what people mostly say, the speed of light. Also being able to hear comforting voices is another weird detail to keep mind. Many near death experiences include voices telling you to let go , and saying welcome home and etc. I wonder , Is it a voice of someone you truly love and trust? Or maybe A Angel in the sky leading you to your whats so called “Home”.  A couple of points to be aware of as well is when  Nadine explained how she left her body and she seemed to just be hovering over herself. This seems to be that there may very well be a chance that our soul’s detach from our body’s leading us to the afterlife. You can argue that we may very well have immortal soul’s as well. Being able to not run test on people that have NDE’s in that moment of time when they are about to die obviously doesn’t help the case on if after life is real. It would be very un human like to run test’s on NDE patient’s because that isn’t professional. I do like the idea though on running tests comparing NDE’s with coma patient survivor’s. They do this to tell which group of survivors have better memory of what had happened to them. The NDE’s group came out on top showing they have had better memory on what had happened when they were unconscious . This study can lead to a greater explanation on the afterlife. To be more specific, What is it like heading to the afterlife?

Quotes:

-“To our surprise, NDEs were much richer than any imagined event or any real event of these coma survivors,” Laureys reported. The memories of these experiences beat all other memories, hands down, for their vivid sense of reality. “The difference was so vast,” he said with a sense of astonishment.”

-“After being close to death, some people will report having had an out-of-body experience, having seen a bright light or being passed through a tunnel; all well-known elements of the famous Near-Death Experience,” according to the study by Laureys and his team of six scientists.

-“I felt as if I were sucked out of my body at one point,” said Raymond. “I was going through a completely black tunnel, very, very quickly, a speed you cannot express, because you just don’t experience it.”

-“People who go on these fantastic journeys are often forever changed. Many seem to come back happier and no longer fear death, he said. The experience becomes a cornerstone of their lives”.