Homework 10/03
In my younger years what stands out to me the most in my interests were my hopes to become a Petroleum Engineer. I was around eight or nine when during a Social-Studies class I learned about petroleum and natural gas. I learned that my country, Trinidad and Tobago, was an exporter of petroleum, petroleum by-products, natural gas, and crude oil. In addition, I learned that professionals in this field were highly paid, and I started doing my own research into this area and my curiosity made me want to study this further even at a university level. My father was another source of reference for me, I asked him endless questions about the petroleum industry that resulted in him taking me to see our biggest oil refinery plant at Point Lisas Estate that made me delve into my research more. All true high school this was still my goal and dream to be a Petroleum Engineer but as faith had it, I started working at the age of eighteen and ended up in the field of telecommunication. This became my new obsession and curiosity. I wanted to learn how everything worked and even as a trainee I aspired to be in the highest position, a Telecommunication Engineer, one day. The desire to learn more about the field I was working in drove me to attain a college diploma from the University of Trinidad and Tobago. I attained a Diploma in Computer, Network and Telecommunication Engineering and it is with this diploma I became a transfer student at New York City College of Technology, at present. My current aim is to graduate with my Bachelor in Computer Systems and apply and get a job in the field of telecommunications or Information Technology within the next year to two years. My journey is far from over, but my education has been a place of comfort to grow and learn and almost like a beacon that shines into the future laying a path for me.