The “ingredients” I’ve noticed so far from reading “Maybe I Could Save Myself by Writing” and “The Fourth of July” are sharing who you are, your experiences, and your perspective, to try to relate to the reader. In both readings, the author shares their experience being their race and how it affected them. Olivarez shares how he felt like anywhere he went he didn’t belong and how he used poetry to overcome that for himself and let others know that they were not alone. Lorde shares her experience of being black in the 60s and how her parents and sisters’ not acknowledging racism made her acknowledge racism. A good place to start my own educational narrative is by finding a conflict in one of my own experiences as an individual, that could relate to a bigger group of people and also express a way that I think would also help them. A concern I have about writing an educational narrative of my own is that although I have experienced a lot, I don’t think I have experienced anything impactful enough or with much significance to write about; let alone something that a whole group of people can also relate to.