A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

hw 11-7

• The platform I want to publish my op-ed in is Forbes.com
  • The media and articles on the site are based on wealth and the richest people on the earth. a bunch of magazines based on wealth.
  • the ads are buying stocks. and much news on billionaires and what’s going on with their money and status. ads include financing ads. investors etc.
  • the media can be 2-3 pages long.  or a couple minutes of videos.
  • the tone is serious and professional everything is about money there is no story that doesn’t have to do with lots of money or billionaires. when i opened up the website the first thing i saw was warren buffet
  • it is a formal use of diction with words trying to convince you into certain stories.
  • they use data and a bunch of news to back up their article.
  • their presentation is sort of black, white lots of texts and images. ads with big 0$ sign investments all over. billionaire names or known names and faces everywhere.
  • i think this would be a different publication because it fits the category but will stand out more on a website like Forbes.

1. Lacey

Hi Emilio, I have read some of you post about the impact of money on people. I read where you mentioned that money can be negative and positive in persons lives and money can be described as the root of all evil. I also like the article up provided for the heinous crimes perpetrated by a mother and son duo in the pursuit of money. However, these questions come to my mind while reading Annotated Bibliography. I ancient times there was always a battering system, food and vegetation, pretty female offspring, precious metals like silver, gold and pearls, yet still poverty always existed. When the battering system was in practice instead of money why did it work? Why these systems crumbled, and money, dollars and cents became predominant? Why has poverty never been eradicated despite the claim to equal opportunity to all, to gain money? Is money just the surface level of bigger institutional structures that determine the outcome of our lives? Is money for example here in the US worth it’s weight or it just an idea? How long again can the US dollar remain the dominant currency of exchange? Is there something greater than money to place your worth on?