A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Reflection 11/2(Proposal)

I want to captivate an audience that are curious of drugs and/or want to take them at an caution. I want to teach my audience going down this road everyone is different it may do good to some and bad to others, but this is also to teach  them the effects these drugs could have on an human being. I pick a blog with youtube video clips with a section for each and every drug that’s popularly used. With this I can have people understand the facts of each drug and if they want to use a survey will pop-up asking if the person is curious of using drugs. Then data is collected of who is curious and who is not; we can determine a way to help the urge of taking drugs and actually doing something productive with one’s life. My first step is to write an intro and the question I had or connected to my reasearch. Then everyday write a section of the drugs most commmonly used with a Survey pop up for each. Lastly, tell them what to consider and help people make the best decision for their lives. This project I’m really going to be on  myself to make sure i don’t be last minute and procrastinate. Imma dedicate this to getting better a procrastination.

1. Yusra

Hey Brian,

Your plan to start a blog teaching people about drug effects and encouraging self-reflection is a great idea that can help a lot of people. I found it unique and clever how you would be going into depth about a specific drug with its own corresponding video clip. I feel as doing this would really benefit and be helpful to someone struggling with the temptations of drugs or have an addiction themselves. You breaking down everything can really enhance the person’s understanding. Also, I found that the adding of the surveys is a brilliant idea to exactly understand certain curiosity! One thing I would say though is to be careful not to glamorize the drugs. It can be tricky trying to inform people about something that is bad but has a euphoric short-term effect. But overall i love the idea and think you can do so much with it.

Good luck!!!

Yusra H.