• I would like to publish for the New York Post (https://nypost.com/).
  • The content is covered locally and internationally, but it doesn’t stop there; various topics are displayed, from entertainment – to science-related topics.
  • From my understanding, their audience is New Yorkers, hence the organization’s name. But to expand my thought, I also believe that anyone who’s genuinely interested in politics or netizens just because of the interesting headlines on today’s news.
  • The op-eds usually don’t exceed a page, and they have images as well, so I would say the word count on average is from 600-1000 [an article I read had a word count of 750)
  • Depends on what you read. However, most of the content is serious because crime/violence incidents in NYC isn’t humorous.
  • The words used are very formal and academic.
  • For instance, if the article covers the topic of a crime incident, the NYPOST uses data for the reader to know if the crime has elevated in that specific community, and they also use interviews from witnesses to share descriptions about the criminal or any other details that may help back up the article.
  • The NYPOST is less animated images and more like photographs/videos that attract the readers. The background of the website is white, whereas the top is a bright red color that grabs attention. The text is visible, and it’s in black/white font.
  • Yes, given that my topic [politics/economics] is relevant and appropriate for the platform. It’s also an ideal space to share my opinions.