After researching, I came up with the topic “How does Child Abuse Affect Children’s Mental Health?” The research terms I decided to use were as follows; Types of Child abuse which refers to (Physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual and also neglect). My reason of using these terms is because this would help me in wide variety of finding information on my research and also gives me more information to speak widely and explaining my topic a bit more. The two bibliography citations of my research source I chose was a newspaper article also a musical audio entitled “Daddy.”

Cross, Jason. Child Abuse Alarm – 11-Year-Old Manchester Girl Latest Victim of Sex Assault, 21 June 2019, https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20190621/child-abuse-alarm-11-year-old-manchester-girl-latest-victim-sex. Accessed 12 Oct. 2023.

Queen Ifrica. “Daddy.” YouTube, Ikomusic88, 3 Dec. 2007, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYrXb_KJmEU. Accessed 12 Oct. 2023.

My first source is a Jamaican news article which was written by the author Jason Cross. It is entitled ” Child abuse alarm – 11-year-old year old Manchester girl latest victim of sexual assault”. Sexual assault is also known as sexual abuse which a form of child abuse. According to the writer Jason Cross approximately 15,000 child abuse cases has been reported to Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFSA) in 2018 alone in which that was considered as 8.5% rise of the year before (2017). He also stated about the latest case that took place in the country at that time in which a 11-year-old girl was found traumatized in bushes of the community of Manchester Jamaica, after going home from school. Happily, the child survived and received treatment from a particular hospital in the country. There were many more cases which were reported in the country to the police department, of various parishes and communities. Also, it was reported by a police commissioner, that parents who had lack of poor parenting skills was also a contributor factor in which their children were being exposed too much.