Growing up I was always interested and mainly scared of natural disaster movies. My dad and I would always watch movies about natural disasters and since they were movies, a lot of special effects made them look extremely real to little me. I remember watching Sharknado and being so terrified of it happening here. I would think about where I would hide and what I could do if that ever happens, but ultimately I learned that it wasn’t exactly something that could happen in real life at least not like in the movie. Curiosity eventually led me to want to learn more about the weather and climate change in general. During hurricanes I would expect things to get bad like in the movies but they never did, and to this day I still joke with my parents and how they sent me to school during Hurricane Sandy. Schools closed but during the first announcement of the hurricane I was still able to go and my dad walked little 7 year old me to school on the windiest day that I could still vividly remember. I was the one shopping with my dad for food in order to stock up as news anchors advised, I remember being so scared of something like the movie San Andreas happening. This led to the natural curiosity of learning about climate change and how it would impact me living in New York. It sparked a specific interest about extreme natural disasters which aren’t prone to happening in New York, but younger me wanted to stay alert just in case. It still interests me now but not as much as before when I was easily influenced by movies but climate change is still something that concerns me as it does impact my life in the long run.