Baldwin’s influential piece conveys how it would be hard to untie the knot of myths that have fed the students’ minds. Using the example of American history is common history taught in every institution, and when our nation was founded under folks who later dominated minorities with a “deliberate policy.” We can also see this in another example he provides but with a different country at a different time, the Third Reich (Nazi Germany); students were spoon-fed a lot of myths and stereotypes and planted this mindset of scapegoating. In addition, he conveys that no student should be obstructed from being curious and from the wonders of the universe rather than having society ruled by citizenry. When he mentions the world is larger, I’m convinced he’s expressing this by going beyond exploring the world to find your identity. In this case, I wish I had access to courses that were reading, math, and science-based but that had a similar curriculum as those in “well-funded schools” because it’s evident that private institutions had a curriculum that brought many benefits. These institutions were invested in ensuring students receive a rigorous academic plan to prepare for the future. I wish specialized curriculums had guided me because it would have been helpful to me by the time I was enrolled at a higher institution.