After rereading “Later” by James Surowiecki, by following my rereading plan, I found that my feelings from before are the same. The only thing that changed was that I now knew the meaning of a lot of words that had me stumped before. His examples and the way he included certain words, made the paragraph come together. In the article he said, “According to Piers steel, a business professor at the University of Calgary, the percentage of people who admitted to difficulties with procrastination quadrupled between 1978 and 2002. In that light, it’s impossible to see procrastination as the quintessential problem.” The first time I read this article, I had no idea what the word quintessential meant which made me feel very confused about what the author was trying to say in this paragraph. Now that I am re reading the article and knowing that quintessential means something that is the most common, I now understand that the author is simply trying to say that procrastination is a very common modern problem. Another example is when he mentioned how theorist Thomas Schelling proposed that we play an internal game called “the divided self.” In the article it says, “Schelling proposes that we think of our selves not as unified selves but as different beings, jostling, contending, and bargaining for control.” When I first read this part, I had a really hard time trying to understand what this paragraph, and more specifically, this sentence was trying to tell me as a reader. I was confused on what “jostling” and “contending” meant which had stopped me from fully understanding the message. I now know that what Schelling was trying to say was that we have different beings inside of us that are fighting for control, and half tends to be the person that wants to procrastinate, while the other is the one that wants to do what we need to do. Knowing the meaning of words helps me a lot when trying to understand an article.