Gabriella Leon

After rereading “Later” by James Surowiecki nothing changed at all I still found majority of the texting boring and irritating. It included a lot of research that is only vouches for the perspective of a watcher but i don’t feel like it really included the thoughts of a procrastinator which defeats the purpose of explaining the possible reasons procrastination happens.The paper seemed like it was trying to say people who procrastinate are weak A specific part that didn’t really make sense to me was towards the end of the text when it mentions the opinion of who is said to be “General George Mclellan,who led the army of Potomac during the early years of the civil war”. It shouldn’t be accurate to use the opinion of an Army general considering they have basically formed their lives around making tough decisions,they are molded in a strict lifestyle vs other people who truly have free will vs what they are forced to live their lives by. apparently Mclellan thinks that , “Lack of Confidence,sometimes alternating with unrealistic dreams of heroic success,often leads to procrastination are self handicappers:rather than risk failure,they prefer to create conditions that make success impossible, a reflex that of course creates a vicious cycle” . This is a perfect example of how he is trying to imply that people are making procrastination seem like a weakness trait saying they’re making up excuses as to why they’re not successful and its just plain insensitive and Judge mental. Further more in the text its also mentioned that Mclellan stated, ” In that sense, the first step to dealing with procrastination isn’t admitting that you have a problem .It’s admitting that your “you’s” have a problem” This seems like more of a hot take and judgement of people who usually go through procrastination.Ultimately my point still stands. Why is the General so persistent in saying its a self inflicted issue and that’s all there is to it when that isn’t necessarily true. Procrastination is seen so negatively but personally i feel differently about that. I use procrastination as a form of work motivation.Waiting until the last few moments forces the creativity out of you.In my opinion,feel like everybody should just do what works best for them instead of belittling others for what works for them