I just finished lunch; I am walking to my algebra class. its 11 am with the crisp scent of fall. I am walking to my class with the slight tint of yellow, I look back to see my friends behind me and everybody passing to get to the next class. I felt a slight breeze. but not a regular breeze, I felt an uncomfortable breeze as if I were overexposed, something was missing. I realized my hijab was pulled off. I was shocked and froze as I quickly pulled my hoodie over my head. I felt a burst of emotions. I felt angry, embarrassed, violated, and helpless. 

I went to the guidance counselor and spoke to her about it and the school did nothing. They just told me to forgive and forget. Which at the time I listened too because I thought that this Guidance Counselor knew what was best for me. When she did what was best for her and the school. I learned the harsh truth that people will gaslight you into letting things go and making you seem dramatic just because it protects them. I deeply regret letting my amateur self-ways what she was saying was right. but at least I gained the knowledge of allowing myself to think for me and not for other people and to do what is right even if someone is trying to say otherwise. our young minded selves always thought of adults as superior and wiser when that is not always the case .