After having a grasp of the article, whether it’s reading a social media post or any work of literature it might not be the same view as before. “How to Read Like a Writer” introduces a concept that doesn’t just require reading for context but allows readers like us to incorporate in-depth questions and analysis of the piece that may influence you to generate your writing ideas and improve for your next literary piece. The author expresses “You are already an author”, Instantly we make a connection by recalling writing in a school setting, however, we might’ve not noticed the simplest examples like texting a friend or writing a grocery list which holds writing composition influence. We may have been taught a certain writing structure, but it surely does not impact going creative mode if you ensure it will be effective or have a broad audience. An existing technique I used that is similar to reading like a writer was in deep search of rhetorical devices through any piece of literature and depending on how the author used it I would analyze it and practice using it in my writing piece
 Asking self-reflecting questions about knowing the author’s purpose, what is the background context conveying, who’s the author’s target or altering an author’s writing piece to my comprehension as mentioned by Mike Bunn would be a great benefit for me to apply these methods throughout my college reading and writing career. To add to Bunn’s statement “You are already an author”, that’s where it has significance for the purpose of modifying another writer’s piece to your comfort and interpretation. In short, viewing the RLW concept as expressed in a similar comparison, “When you read like a writer, you are trying to figure out how the text you are reading was constructed so that you ‘build’ one for yourself” gives off a good and easy overview of the concept.