- Introduction to Font Book
- Introduction to Font Squirrel, the only approved source of downloadable free fonts
- Introduction to InDesign
- Arial is a Font (Short Documentary)
- Bounding boxes and their implications
- Creating a new document
- Orientation and setup
- Rulers and measurement
- Controlling kerning digitally
- Bounding and text boxes
Printing in Class!
- Carve and print at least 2 individual letters (I will give you the letters for you to transfer onto your blocks). Work to make your letters as crisp and clear as possible.
- Print single words, concentrating on kerning. Use each other’s letters and feel free to print nonsense words.
Take your best print of a single word, draw in and neatly label at least 10 parts of type anatomy. Scan it or take a good photo of it and post the results on Open Lab. Use the handout from last week as a reference.