HOMEWORK D.1

The article for me was interesting and boring at the same time. The whole article was about procrastination and it helped me understand more about it  because I really didn’t know what was procrastination before it was spoken about in class and before reading this article. I procrastinate a lot, it is difficult for me to focus and get stuff done, I think about it too much and I say I’m gonna leave it for the next day and sometimes I do get it done but sometimes I don’t. I know this is bad and I got to work on it because it’s going to set me up for failure in the future. In the begging of the article the author was talking about a man named George Akerlof that needed to mail a package to his colleague across the country, however George Akerlof procrastinated about it and said that It was going to take a lot of time of his day to do so, so instead he said he was going to mailed it next week but he never did. Eight months has passed and he still haven’t mailed the package to his colleague. Akerlof find out that a friend was sending some stuff over to the U.S and that’s when he took the opportunity to send the package to his colleague. This part of he article stood out to me because I find that I would be the type to do things like this or similar. In some occasions we’re very busy completing tasks and stuff that needs to get done that we procrastinate about doing other important stuff. In the other hand most of the article was boring to me. They were talking about different ways of procrastination people goes through and the negative outcomes that comes from it.