Homework 1.3

After reading these three passages I noticed a similar pattern. All of these stories talk about a personal experience that the author faced and how they felt in the process. All three of the authors share with us their point of views and give us an insight of a difficult process. The problems the authors share with us have shaped who they came to be and have a big part in their identity. The key conventions that make up this specific genre include complications of a series of events and a solution on how they resolved their issue. The authors share their stories with us in a first person point of view. It makes the reader feel more connected with the author. Allowing the readers to engage with the author by imagining the story the author is captivating. 

A place to get started with this genre yourself could be to take a very important event that happened in the past that has influenced you as time went by and makes up for who you are today. It could be a personal problem that you faced for a while. Explain to the readers what got you through it and how you overcame that problem. Express your feelings. You have to make the reader feel as if you’re engaging with them and letting out your feelings with them. 

I still need to think about an event to write about, but a few questions that i think are important for me to start writing my narrative could be,  

What do I want my readers to learn from my story? How can I make my story interesting? How can I make the reader feel touched by my story?