HW 1.2

What Mike Bunn means when he says we are already an author is that when we write, we think about how we are going to write it. We think about why we are using those words instead of others, who is this targeting and the way we introduce the topic. We see the choices the author makes when we read and see if we can use that for our writing. Some of the things Ihave already written would be essays from other english classes, text messages, and send emails. reading like a writer can help me in my college reading and writing career by having a different perspective when reading. When reading I will now analyze not only the information but how the author wrote the text, why did he use those words, how it was constructed. With this information it can help me with my writing. I will question myself whether or not I would use that type of writing style other authors have used. I will also be able to construct a better sense of knowledge when writing, thinking more of how to write it, which audience is this meant to target? Some things I noticed in Bunn’s article that i would like try in my own writing is using more formal words and write in detail. In the article he states how in the beginning of his writing, he talks about a job he is in. The way he described it with detail and used formal words to describe his job. Instead of cutting it short he decides to go more in depth with his job including what he wears, where his job is located ,etc. Instead of words like happy or sad I can use more bigger words such as overjoyed or Miserable.